Friday, December 29, 2006

Leeches and Gum boots!

Attack of the Leeches. Today we went into the forest for a typical work day. Within 20 minutes I knew it wouldn't be typical. By the end of the short work day we had pulled off almost 60 leeches from our bodies. Below is a picture of my taped up pant legs over my gum boots. Some how Lora only had 13 leeches today. I had 45 of them! I'm supposed to be the volunteer here.



I think Lora's new gum boots had something to do with it. You can see them in action below. Doesn't she look so hot?


On the way home we stopped at a special tree. This is a GIANT Fig! They call trees like this one a Cathedral Fig because it is so massive. For those of you that don't know about Fig trees they grow like a parasite. They consume a living tree and grow all around it until the tree underneath dies. This makes a unique trunk. This one in particular is huge. It was pretty cool.





For the last picture we thought we would just take a shot of the local countryside on the drive back into Atherton. The rainy season pretty much started two days ago and today we finally got to see some blue sky.


1 comment:

Daniel Glauser said...

Mmmmmmmmmm..... leeches.....

Hey guys! Glad to hear that times are interesting on the other side of the earth. Things are pretty chill here, baby making is a bit different of a schedule than I'm used to. Good stuff though, I'm can't wait until the big guy makes an appearance. We'll miss you guys in California for the New Year. Have fun and let's chat soon!

--
Danimal