Thursday, November 08, 2007

Waiting for Tassie spring

Well after finding ourselves in hail and snow we returned home and waited for 2 more weeks for Tasmania's west coast to hit spring. I then finally was able to hit the field again. Things went off without a hitch, but it was still a bit cold at times. Fieldwork in a temperate rainforest is very different than tropical. I got back home 2 days ago, just in time to hang out with Dad and Pat. They arrived this afternoon and we had a great walk around the harbour, a drink at the pub and a nice seafood dinner. We will post more fun as it happens.

Below are some pictures I took on a bit of sightseeing with Anna before she left Australia.




Russel Falls at Mt. Field National Park






I finally got to see a couple of Echidnas up close. They are great. This is a juvenile one, but I have seen some BIG ones too.




Just a couple of shots of the color patterns of Snow gums.

No comments: