Sunday, August 13, 2006

Greeting everyone. Lora and I are in the middle of getting ready to leave for our two year trip to the Australia. All of our stuff that we are taking is spread out between two rooms right now. I'm not sure how we are going to get it all packed away and onto a plane. I'm thinking big bucks for all of our toys.
Here is a small sampling of some of the things we are taking with us.
1. Kayak gear... two bags. (We've decided to buy boats over there.)
2. One 40 pound paraglider.
3. Climbing Gear. (Couldn't leave this behind.)
4. Two bikes.
5. Camping Gear. (The usual crap.)
6. More electronics than I have time to type right now.

Am I forgetting anything? Oh yea, clothes. Lora has a few. I on the other hand am subscribing to Frank's theory of travel... bathing suit and a credit card. As you can imagine we are going to be loaded to the gills with the important things in life... our toys. We've had to hire a mini-van at the airport to transport all of this stuff.

We arrive in Oz on Friday and will enjoy Sydney for the weekend before Lora shows up at the lab on Monday. A week in Sydney or so and then it's off to the field sites up north first. I'll keep you guys posted on that trip.

Before I sign off on my first blog entry I just want everyone to know how much we love you guys and will miss you... unless you come over and visit. Come see us.

Tim & Lora

No comments: