Thursday, June 07, 2007

I got offered a job!

The good news is that I was offered a teaching job here at the University of Tasmania. I guess since they saw me in my office working I was a warm body and could teach two sections of science methods. Basically I will be showing pre-service primary grade teachers how to teach science using an interactive method of teaching. That is using student generated questions to formulate investigations that may lead to deeper understanding of science content.

The bad news is that it starts in three weeks and conflicts with my original plans of coming back to Cali and Utah in July. So that means you guys will not see me next month. I'm especially bummed about missing Chris and Amy's wedding. Chris was the first person I called but as an academic he understood that this was a great opportunity for me. I was also planning on meeting up with Baldy in the Tetons and doing some climbing and getting into some trouble in beautiful Jackson Hole. Sorry buddy! Lastly, all you other folks that I had made tentative plans with well... we'll just have to do it over here. I guess a second trip down the Middle Fork of the Kings is out too. Super bummed!

As always I wish you all the best and both Lora and I really miss you all. I can't tell you how many times a day I think of at least one of you. Keep in touch with us. We'll be back before you know it. It's already going on 10 months.

Tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

We've lost your CA number (sigh). Any chance you can drop Kevin or me a line with the number? Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Bummer Dude. Congrats on the job but I'll miss you. We are in the middle of moving right now which is definetly getting old. But headed sailing in Canada after that! Take care, baldwin