Friday, June 29, 2007

In queensland again

I am back in the field in far north Queensland. It is a lot colder in Atherton than I would expect. I was really hoping it would be warmer. Anyway things are going well. I have an assistant now, Anna. It is nice to not work alone anymore, plus she loves bugs too. We pretty much hang out all day everyday, which can be intense but so far we get along great and haven't gotten on eachothers nerves yet.


Sunset in Port Douglas



It is really nice to be working again in the sites I spent so much time setting up. Things are much less stressful now. My only problem now is that I really miss Tim. I am hoping he will be able to come visit in a couple weeks.

Here is a picture of Anna and a HUGE fern. There are a lot of tree ferns here so I am use to tall ferns, but check out the girth of the rachis of the fron in Anna's hand.


1 comment:

Daniel Glauser said...

Glad to hear that you have someone to work with now. Hope all is well down under!

--
Dan